Saturday, January 1, 2011

So this is my first post...

So basically, in this blog I'll talking about stuff going on in the tech world, giving tips here and there, and maybe throwing out a few ideas of my own. But in the mean time...

The Cheap iPhone Tripod Solution (assuming you already have a tripod and something that attaches to it):

The iPhone 4 is one truly amazing pocket camcorder. It takes beautiful 720p HD video, you can use iMovie directly on the device to edit video and turn them into a masterpiece of a movie. And the best part is, your movie can reach YouTube before it reaches your computer. But one things bothers me:

How can you stabilize those shaky video clips?

Of course, you could buy one of those cases for your iPhone (or iPod Touch) that also attach to a tripod. But I've had a Canon PowerShot S40 for quite a while and I originally bought the tripod for that camera. But when I purchased my iPhone 4, it replaced my Canon completely (the camera kept giving me an "E18" error, which is a broken lens). So now I have my Targus Grypton Tripod, no way to attach my iPhone to it. 

But wait!

 I've come up with a way to attach that iPhone to the tripod using an old camera and some rubber bands. It's a really...umm....cheap way of doing it but, hey, it works beautifully :)

Here's a couple of pictures:




I took an old HP PhotoSmart camera and attached my iPhone with rubber bands to it. Then I bolted on the PhotoSmart to the tripod and, voila! Instant tripod solution! So this kind of gives you an idea of the kinds of things you can do to shoot better videos with your iPhone instead of spending extra money. This solution is works great for me and my videos look better because they are no longer shaky.



































So anyways, good luck guys coming up with crazy cheapo solutions (like the one above) to tech annoyances.

Oh, and Happy New Year! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment