Tuesday, January 4, 2011

App of the Week! Tapic (iOS, $1.99)

I was a big fan of Tapulous's Tap Tap games since Tap Tap Revolution from the good 'ole days of iPhone OS 1.1.4. But lately, I've tried Tap Tap Revenge 4, and it just didn't feel like the original games (TT Revenge 1 and TT Revolution). And so I saw a list of ten apps that were free for a limited time.

And then I read about Tapic.


And it said that Tapic allowed you to play any song from your iTunes library like TTR. And I found it pretty amazing. So you guys need to check this app out. There is a lite version for free, but I say just go for the full $1.99 version. It's better :P

Screenshots:







So how is the gameplay? Truly great. You select a song, it generates the notes for it, and then you choose a difficulty and play it. I found it to work the absolute best on electronic and dance genres, although it works fine on all of them. I really recommend this game to anyone who is bored of Tap Tap's restriction on buying songs from them and not being able to use your own.

So go grab it and tap away at any song you please :P

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. TapTap4 is at least better then TapTap3, which was the worst of the series. The best was Tap Tap 2.

    Tapic 2 looks cool, but you know, $2 is... well, $2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just Tapic, not Tapic 2. There is no version 2....yet. I got Tapic when it was free for a limited time. There is a lite version that's free and still fun. I have to say that out of the Tap Tap series, Tap Tap Revolution was the best, but it never made it to the App Store.

    ReplyDelete