Sunday, January 16, 2011

Another discovery about iOS 4.3 and downgrading...

The iPhone 4 Baseband version is 03.10.01 on iOS 4.2.1. (or at least it should be *eyeing ultrasn0w unlockers* :P)

Normally, when you update an iPhone, its baseband is updated to the newer version and cannot be downgraded. But after updating my iPhone 4 to iOS 4.3 beta 1, I expected a baseband firmware change, and it happened the way it should have: 04.xx.01 (can't remember all of the numbers).

But...


Upon downgrading back to 4.2.1, I expected iTunes to throw an error at the end of the restore, indicating a baseband issue (since it technically cannot be downgraded). Instead, I got no error, went to "Settings" --> "General" --> "About," (on my iPhone) scrolled down to the bottom, and, as impossible as it might seem, my baseband version is back to 03.10.01!

I've never seen this with a beta before, and didn't think it could happen because of my past experience with my iPhone 3G (upgrading to 4.1 beta, and then downgrading back to 4.0).

But anyway, that's it for now.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment